COVID-19 Update: This workshop has been cancelled until further notice.
Explore physical forces while leveraging, lifting, swinging and moving, and unleash your inner engineer. Are you an inventor or do you like to immerse yourself into step-by-step instructions? Discover how to playfully integrate technical education into a nurturing learning environment.
This STEM learning opportunity will help you:
- learn how to recognise opportunities for technical education
- explore invention, production, analysis and experimentation as facets of engineering
- recognise individual preferences in technical education and explore your own technical approach
- discover physical forces while leveraging, lifting, swinging and moving
- benefit from the exchange with like-minded educators and reflect on your current practice
- feel confident in unlocking the wonders of STEM.
You will also receive comprehensive materials with lots of STEM ideas and information about inquiry-based practices.
Topic learning objectives
- Invention, analysis, production and technical experiment as gateways to technical education
- Recognising individual preferences in technical education
- Physical forces and their effects in everyday life
Presented by: Centre of Professional Learning & Education
Links to NQS Quality Area: 1 & 3
Date: 25 March 2020
Time: 9:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Venue: Communities@Work Tuggeranong Community Centre – 245 Cowlishaw Street, Greenway ACT 2900