Explore physical forces while leveraging, lifting, swinging and moving, and unleash your inner engineer. Are you an inventor or do you like to immerse yourself into step-by-step instructions? Discover how to playfully integrate technical education into a nurturing learning environment.
This STEM learning opportunity will help you:
- learn how to recognise opportunities for technical education
- explore invention, production, analysis and experimentation as facets of engineering
- recognise individual preferences in technical education and explore your own technical approach
- discover physical forces while leveraging, lifting, swinging and moving
- benefit from the exchange with like-minded educators and reflect on your current practice
- feel confident in unlocking the wonders of STEM.
You will also receive comprehensive materials with lots of STEM ideas and information about inquiry-based practices.
Topic learning objectives
- Invention, analysis, production and technical experiment as gateways to technical education
- Recognising individual preferences in technical education
- Physical forces and their effects in everyday life
Presented by: Centre of Professional Learning & Education
Links to NQS Quality Area: 1 & 3
Date: 25 March 2020
Time: 9:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Venue: Communities@Work Tuggeranong Community Centre – 245 Cowlishaw Street, Greenway ACT 2900