- Child Care and Education
Established and developed in Canberra, Communities@Work is a local organisation that understands local needs. With nearly 40 years of experience, we provide a wide range of services across the entire Australian Capital Territory and also serve clients in the Greater Capital Region.
We deliver services to more than 20,000 people annually with a paid workforce of up to 700 staff, 150 self-employed family day care educators and the passionate commitment of over 300 volunteers.
Communities@Work delivers a diverse range of programs. This includes our Children's Services. We provide a safe, stimulating environment for the nurture and education of children through child care and education centres, family day care and in-home care, and out-of-school hour's care.
About the role
We currently have opportunities for Qualified Educator's working towards or hold their Diploma in Children's Services. This vacancy is for highly motivated Educators who have a strong familiarity with practice frameworks. You will support your Team and Centre Management to ensure the provision of quality education and care as well as be responsible for some curriculum programming.
- Develop, implement and evaluate program for all ages
- Provide for the care, education and wellbeing of each child
- Provide a safe, interactive and stimulating environment
- Ensure records are maintained for each child
- Provide support to children with identified needs
- Support a team of educators
- Develop and maintain relationships with children and families
Skills and Experience
- Working towards or hold Diploma of Children's Services or ACECQA equivalent
- Passion for working with children
- Excellent communication skills
- 'Working Vulnerable People' registration, or willingness to obtain
- Experience with writing supporting documentation such as; observations and learning stories
- Strong experience with relevant curriculum frameworks
- An opportunity to 'Do Good' by working for a social enterprise that delivers quality community services
- Inclusive and culturally diverse workplace
- Professional development opportunities with our RTO, including access to study leave
- Our staff currently have the opportunity to Salary package
- Access to employee child care discounts
- A range of healthy lifestyle programs and healthy activity reimbursement
- Be part of a team that values excellence, continuous improvement and innovation
How to Apply
Click APPLY or contact Michelle Napier at the Talent Management Team on 02 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.
Communities@Work encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Closing date for applications: 28/02/2018