- Child Care and Education
Communities@Work is Canberra's largest not-for-profit community organisation, working with our community to support positive educational outcomes, and build resilient, sustainable and socially inclusive communities in the ACT and capital region. To find out more, please visit our website www.commsatwork.org
About the role
We currently have an opportunity for a Qualified Educator working towards or achieved their Diploma in Children's Services at our Narrabundah Ealry Childhood Service. This vacancy is for a highly motivated Educator who has a strong familiarity with practice frameworks. You will support your Team and Centre Management to ensure the provision of quality education and care as well as be responsible for some curriculum programming.
- Develop, implement and evaluate program for all ages
- Provide for the care, education and wellbeing of each child
- Provide a safe, interactive and stimulating environment
- Ensure records are maintained for each child
- Provide support to children with identified needs
- Support a team of educators
- Develop and maintain relationships with children and families
Skills and Experience
- Working towards or hold Diploma of Children's Services or ACECQA equivalent
- Passion for working with children
- Excellent communication skills
- 'Working Vulnerable People' registration, or willingness to obtain
- Experience with writing supporting documentation such as; observations and learning stories
- Strong experience with relevant curriculum frameworks
- An opportunity to 'Do Good' by working for a social enterprise that delivers quality community services
- Inclusive and culturally diverse workplace
- Professional development opportunities with our RTO, including access to study leave
- Our staff currently have the opportunity to Salary package
- Access to employee child care discounts
- A range of healthy lifestyle programs and healthy activity reimbursement
- Be part of a team that values excellence, continuous improvement and innovation
Working for Communities@Work
There are many benefits to working at Communities@Work, not least of which the incredible difference is we make in the lives of people in our community. We offer our employees a range of generous employee benefits, such as leave concessions, child care discounts, healthy activity reimbursements and salary packaging. We also work with you to support your career development.
Financial benefits of working for a not-for-profit
As a not-for-profit charity, the taxation laws provide tax concessions for Communities@Work employees, meaning that a part of your wage can be paid tax free. Further to this, employees are able to package dine in meals & accommodation. These benefits increase the take home pay for many of our employees by many thousands of dollars per year. If you'd like to find out more, please visit Advantage Salary Packaging (our salary packaging provider) website www.salary.com.au which provides an overview.
How to Apply
Click APPLY or contact Michelle Napier, Manager, Recruitment on 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.
Communities@Work encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for its roles.
Closing date for applications: 05/04/2020