- Human Resources
Communities@Work is Canberra's largest not-for-profit community organisation, working with our community to support positive educational outcomes, and build resilient, sustainable and socially inclusive communities in the ACT and capital region. To find out more, please visit www.commsatwork.org/about-us
About the role
Contributes to the corporate services function, including supporting Recruitment and the Human Resources Team as required. This is a part time role.
- Liaising with key stakeholders to determine staffing requirements
- End to end recruitment process, including drafting job advertisements, candidate care, phone screening, interviewing, reference checking, ICT recruitment system management and record keeping
- Ensure compliance with employment and privacy related requirements
- Assist in the maintenance and updating of the HR Information System
- Administrative support for the HR team
- Support and contribute to HR Team initiatives and projects.
Skills and Experience
- Maintain current 'Working with Vulnerable People' registration
- High level of organisational, representational, customer service, ICT and communication skills.
- Demonstrated project management and time management skills, with a proven ability to work within deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively to respond to changing workflow needs.
- Ability to work in an office environment.
- Ability to exercise initiative and good judgment.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Current driver's licence
- Understanding or experience of community services
- Relevant qualifications in Human Resources, or equivalent
- Experience in end to end recruitment
Working for Communities@Work
There are many benefits to working at Communities@Work, not least of which the incredible difference is we make in the lives of people in our community. We offer our employees a range of generous employee benefits, such as leave concessions, child care discounts, healthy activity reimbursements and salary packaging. We also work with you to support your career development.
Financial benefits of working for a not-for-profit
As a not-for-profit charity, the taxation laws provide tax concessions for Communities@Work employees, meaning that a part of your wage can be paid tax free. Further to this, employees are able to package dine in meals & accommodation. These benefits increase the take home pay for many of our employees by many thousands of dollars per year. If you'd like to find out more, this video by Advantage Salary Packaging (our salary packaging provider) provides an overview.
How to Apply
Click APPLY or contact Michelle Napier, Manager, Recruitment on 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.
Communities@Work encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for its roles.
Closing date for applications: 25/10/2019