- Communications and Marketing
Communities@Work is Canberra's largest not-for-profit community organisation, working with our community to support positive educational outcomes, and build resilient, sustainable and socially inclusive communities in the ACT and capital region. Our team of passionate employees and volunteers are dedicated to building a better Canberra community.
About the role
The Graphic Design and Marketing Assistant will have primary responsibility for graphic design; and will also support other marketing and communication activities, such as social media, website, events, fundraising, photography and video, administration and other tasks as required.
- Under direction, support the delivery of communication and marketing activities for internal and external stakeholders, including:
- Graphic design (using Adobe Creative suite and Canva) - developing material following brand guidelines, designing for web and print
- Creating content for: website; social media; email; internal and external newsletters; media releases and articles; intranet and other channels. This may include story development, photography and videography.
- Updating the Communities@Work website
- Building & maintaining client databases
- Coordinating business processes
- Running internal and external events, seminars, fundraising activities and functions. This may include website, invitations, coordinating guest lists and RSVPs, catering, collateral, setting up and packing down event, liaising with suppliers and relevant authorities, and evaluating and reporting on outcomes
- Coordinating fundraising campaigns
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders including media, partners, donors, corporate supporters
- Coordinating internal and external printing, such as business cards, signage, brochures
- Surveys and market research
- Customer service, including monitoring and responding to queries, feedback and reviews
- General administration duties, including mail outs, processing invoices, maintaining photo library data entry and analysis
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated experience and skill using Adobe Creative Suite and Canva and ability to develop creative material following brand guidelines
- Relevant tertiary qualification or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training
- Demonstrated initiative, attention to detail and proven high level organisational and time management skills including the ability to manage workflows and balance competing priorities to ensure timely processing to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to respond effectively to challenges, and to work effectively in a small, diverse and busy team environment
- The capacity to be well organised and manage multiple tasks across diverse programs
- Customer focused and flexible
- Maintain current 'Working with Vulnerable People' registration
- Experience and skill with photography and video
- Experience and skill with social media
- An understanding of the community and/or charity sector
- Current driver's licence
Working for Communities@Work
There are many benefits to working at Communities@Work, not least of which the incredible difference is we make in the lives of people in our community. We offer our employees a range of generous employee benefits, such as leave concessions, child care discounts, healthy activity reimbursements and salary packaging. We also work with you to support your career development.
Financial benefits of working for a not-for-profit
As a not-for-profit charity, the taxation laws provide tax concessions for Communities@Work employees, meaning that a part of your wage can be paid tax free. Further to this, employees are able to package dine in meals & accommodation. These benefits increase the take home pay for many of our employees by many thousands of dollars per year. If you'd like to find out more, this video by Advantage Salary Packaging (our salary packaging provider) provides an overview.
How to Apply
Click APPLY or contact Michelle Napier, Manager, Recruitment on 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.
Communities@Work encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for its roles.
Closing date for applications: 14/02/2020