- Child Care and Education
Communities@Work is a social enterprise, providing quality children's services that in turn serves the greater Canberra community. Our surplus for purpose philosophy enables us to provide valuable community support services to seniors, people with a disability and the most vulnerable and disadvantaged members of our community.
Communities@Work is seeking an experienced Director, Children's Services who has an alignment to the values of our organisation and a commitment to enhance the social impact we make in the Canberra community. The broad responsibilities of the position are:
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to drive the strategic direction of Children's Services
- Identify opportunities for Children's Services improvement projects in areas that include but are not limited to Early Education and Care, Out of School Hours Care and Family Day Care
- Provide professional leadership and mentoring to Children's Services managers
- Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of Children's Services and to create new opportunities where appropriate
- Work cooperatively and effectively with Children's Services Managers to drive Children's Services business plans to completion within agreed timeframes
- Drive the internal quality and compliance processes to improve Children's Services programs and meet national quality standards as a benchmark.
The succesful candidate will be focussed on providing strategic leadership for the Children's Services program and managing the development and implementation of initiatives to deliver excellence in Children's Services.
- Demonstrated understanding of education and care regulatory frameworks
- Appropriate Children's Services Qualifications and a minimum of 5 years' experience in Children's Services management
- Experience managing complex projects
- Experience managing internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated high level communication skills including written and verbal reporting
- Appropriate Business, Leadership or Management Qualification or willingness to obtain.
How to Apply
Click APPLY to submit your CV and include a one page summary of what you will bring to this challenging and unique role. Please contact Vanessa Hayes on 6293 6526 for a confidential discussion if you would like more information in regards to the role.
Communities@Work encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for its roles.
Closing date for applications: 19/07/2019