- North Canberra
- Lifestyle Services
Established and developed in Canberra, Communities@Work is a local organisation that understands local needs. With nearly 40 years of experience, we provide a wide range of services across the entire Australian Capital Territory and also serve clients in the Greater Capital Region.
About the role
Provide driver transport services across the Canberra region for seniors, younger people with a disability and those who are socially isolated, due to a lack of suitable transport options. You will be the front-line Communities@Work representative who many of our clients see the most and so are central in the effective operation of Communities@Work's transport service. To excel in this role you need to enjoy providing exceptional customer service for both external and internal customers and be able to provide accurate and timely support to the transport administrative team.
- Liaise with the transport team
- Assist clients with mobility issues into and out of transport vehicles
- Use transport service vehicles to collect passengers from designated locations using journey run sheets
- Deliver a high standard of customer service at all times
- Using safe manual handling practises, assist with the loading and unloading of wheelchairs, walkers, scooters and grocery bags into and out of transport service vehicles
- Collect client fees and contributions, record and deliver monies to Transport Administration staff
- Clean and maintain the interior and exterior of the vehicle
- Actively demonstrate workplace behaviours consistent with the Communities@Work Mission, Vision and Values and comply with Communities@Work policies, plans and guidelines
- Treat all participant, their families and other stake holders with respect and be inclusive ofdifferent cultures, religions and beliefs
Skills and Experience
- Hold a current ACT LR licence to enable the driving of the 22 seat Community Bus, or a minimum C Class licence for general fleet vehicles.
- Hold or willing to obtain a current Licence History Search which demonstrates an excellent record of driving in the past 3 years.
- Demonstrate ability to work as a supportive and positive team member.
- Commitment to continuing professional and personal development to ensure the provision of best practice services.
- 'Working Vulnerable People registration, or willingness to obtain
- Do good, feel good with Communities@Work
- Above award wages
- Healthy activity reimbursements
- Career progression opportunities
- Professional development through our Registered Training Organisation
- Employer funded training opportunities
- Salary Packaging options available
How to Apply
Click APPLY or contact Michelle Napier at the Talent Management Team on 02 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.
Communities@Work encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Closing date for applications: 02/03/2018