- 172 Dixon Drive, Holder
- Communications and Marketing
Offering choice and flexibility across numerous centres and sites, we are a leading provider of children's services. We are a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 88148) offering qualifications and professional development in early education and care.
Our surplus for purpose philosophy enables us to provide valuable community support services to seniors, people with a disability and the most vulnerable and disadvantaged members of our community.
With a rich heritage spanning 40 years, we truly understand the needs of our local community. We balance sound business acumen with empathy for those in need and adopt a client-centered approach to the delivery of our services.
About the role
Under the guidance of the Community Development Manager the Community Development Officer will assist with the development and delivery of the organisations Community Development and New & Emerging Communities programs. Communities@Work has a focus on Asset Based Community Development to foster and encourage the development of sustainable communities.
- Assist with the planning development and delivery of sustainable activities and programs within the ACT
- Provide support and guidance to groups and individuals in developing and implementing community development projects
- Where applicable, assist in the integration of existing programs and strategies into community development initiatives.
- Participate in consultations with individuals, groups and other agencies in the development and implementation of projects.
- Assist with community events as required including some out of normal business hour activities (evening/weekends).
- Facilitate a continuous quality improvement approach to the development, implementation and review of community projects.
- Maintain appropriate administration records, monitor processes, evaluate service provision and provide a high level of reporting to management and stakeholders as required
- Develop and maintain excellent internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Act as a Champion for the organisation and seek opportunities to promote Communities@Work's Vision and Values
Skills and Experience
- Qualifications in Community Development (Diploma level and above)
- Have an understanding of Asset Based Community Development
- Sound oral and written communications skills and computer literacy
- Can work independently as required
- Maintain current 'Working with Vulnerable People' registration
- Current driver's licence and access to vehicle
- Experience of working in the community services sector
- Demonstrated skills in developing and implementing community capacity building activities that support community groups of all ages.
- Project and event management
- Experience in group work, facilitation and community engagement activities
- Experience in establishing and maintaining stakeholder relationships and networks.
- Do good, feel good with Communities@Work
- Healthy activity reimbursements
- Career progression opportunities
- Employer funded training opportunities
- Salary packaging options available
How to Apply
Click APPLY or contact Michelle Napier, Recruitment Manager on 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.
Communities@Work encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for its roles.
Closing date for applications: 22/08/2018