- South Canberra
- Child Care and Education
About the role
Communities@Work Appletree House and Illoura Childcare and Education Centre both located in the heart of the Wanniassa community offers the best of nurture and nature. In this unique role you will be leading the teams across both centres with the support of the Assisstant Manager and Educational Leader.
Your experience, passion and leaderships skills will see you lead the Centre and engage team members to drive an inspirational vision for Early Childhood Service's. You will work closely with Communities@Work leadership team, assistant manager, educational leader and passionate team members to drive an inspirational vision for children's learning and support the continuous improvement of educational programs and practice.
You will experience support from an experienced and skilled team, as you lead community and family engagement, while acknowledging children's potential is at the heart of our service's philosophy.
Your knowledge and experience in the Early Childhood sector as well as your management and leadership style will see you exceed in this role.
- Work closely with the Educational Leader to oversee consistent high quality practice of the National Quality Framework
- Initiate and support a culture of contemporary early childhood practice and pedagogy
- Maintain and support a strong client and family focused environment ensuring an excellent experience for both internal and external stakeholders
- Work closely with the School Principal to develop strong partnerships
- Manage centre performance to meet targets and Assessment and Ratings results
- Identity and respond to service improvement opportunities, including daily operations and systems management to plan and meet budgetary requirements
- Ensure strong financial performance through revenue growth and strategic expenditure
Skills and Experience
- Diploma or Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood) or ACECQA equivalent
- Extensive knowledge of the National Quality Framework and the approved learning framework/s
- Experience guiding the reflective practice of others
- Experience managing a centre
- Showcase strong leadership abilities while supporting a team with an emphasis on collaboration, communication, empowerment and engagement
- 'Working with Vulnerable People' registration or ability to obtain
- An opportunity to 'Do Good' by working for a social enterprise that delivers quality community services
- Professional development opportunities with our RTO, including access to study leave
- Access to employee child care discounts
- A range of healthy lifestyle programs and healthy activity reimbursement allowance
- Salary packaging options available
Offering choice and flexibility across numerous centres and sites, we are a leading provider of children's services. We are a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 88148) offering qualifications and professional development in early education and care.
Our surplus for purpose philosophy enables us to provide valuable community support services to seniors, people with a disability and the most vulnerable and disadvantaged members of our community.
With a rich heritage spanning 40 years, we truly understand the needs of our local community. We balance sound business acumen with empathy for those in need and adopt a client-centered approach to the delivery of our services.
How to Apply
Click APPLY or contact Michelle Napier, Talent Management Team on 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.
Communities@Work encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for its roles.
Closing date for applications: 30/08/2019