Communities@Work is a social enterprise, providing quality children's services that in turn serves the greater Canberra community. Our surplus for purpose philosophy enables us to provide valuable community support services to seniors, people with a disability and the most vulnerable and disadvantaged members of our community.
Communities@Work's Board is seeking an experienced Chief Executive Officer who has an alignment to the values of our organisation and a commitment to enhance the social impact we make in the Canberra community. The broad responsibilities of the position are:
- Set the strategic direction for Communities@Work in consultation with the Board and deliver the strategic outcomes
- Work closely with the Board, reporting on operational, financial and strategic matters
- Ensure the culture of Communities@Work aligns with the Vision, Mission Values by providing leadership for the whole of Communities@Work, including developing and growing the leadership team
- Ensure the current and future financial viability of Communities@Work, including that it delivers an annual financial result in line with budget.
- Develop and maintain excellent external stakeholder relationships utilising alliances and productive partnerships. Be the face and key spokesperson of the organisation
- Ensure that the organisation meets its legal and regulatory requirements.
The successful candidate will be focussed on leading the organisation in strengthening its capacity to deliver quality programs and build valued partnerships with business, Government and the not for profit sector. They will demonstrate commercial and entrepreneurial acumen and understand how technology is changing the competitive market space through:
- Extensive management experience at an executive level within complex organisations.
- Exceptional leadership skills including the ability to motivate, inspire and guide others to achieve their best for the organisation
- The ability to proactively manage financial performance and develop new opportunities/services and income sources.
- Exceptional conceptual, analytical, strategic, program planning and organisational skills.
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of the issues and challenges facing the community services and children's services sectors and a demonstrated capacity to develop and implement innovative services and programs.
How to Apply
Click APPLY to submit your CV and include a one page summary of what you will bring to this challenging and unique role. Please contact Vanessa Hayes on 6293 6526 for a confidential discussion if you would like more information in regards to the role.
Communities@Work encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for its roles.
Closing date for applications: 03/12/2018