- Fixed Term
- Child Care and Education
Communities@Work is a broad based social enterprise that works across Canberra to build a resilient and socially inclusive community that cares for the well-being of all. From the development of children to the care of the aged, we deliver quality community services that meet the needs of young people, parents, people with a disability and the most vulnerable and disadvantaged members of our community.
About the role
Communities@Work's Ascend Program is a unique, paid-for elite traineeship that will open up a world of career and growth opportunities in the ACT and surrounds.
Unlike many other traineeship programs, financial and practical support is offered every step of the way. This opportunity is open to anyone who is energised by being part of an elite team - whether you are starting out a new career or whether you are interested in making a career change.
Communities@Work's Ascend Program has places available for a start in January 2018. Trainees in the program will be paid for 38 hours a week over 12 months and, if all requirements are met, graduate with a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (CHC30113) with potential to then study your Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care from Communities@Work's Centre of Professional Learning and Education (RTO 88148).
For more information, download the information brochure at www.commsatwork.org/ascend-program
- Provide for the care, education and wellbeing of each child
- Work across several Communities@Work centres
- Work with children from birth to 5 years
- Learn from experienced educators and mentors
- Complete a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (CHC30113)
To be eligible for this program, you need to be:
- At least 18 years old by 30 January 2018
- An Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident OR a New Zealand Citizen who has lived in Australia for more than 6 months, OR a visa holder with work rights on a pathway to permanent residency and not excluded from participation in government funded training
- Able to pass a basic literacy and numeracy assessment not already holding other relevant qualifications in early childhood or education
- Committed to completing the 12 month program.
- Flexible work hours may be considered.
Skills and Experience
This opportunity is open to anyone who is energised by being part of an elite team - whether you are starting out a new career or whether you are interested in making a career change, no experience is required.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Passion for working with children
- Enthusiasm for learning
- A motivated and enthusiastic approach
- Excellent communication skills (both spoken and written)
- Excellent work ethic and a professional attitude
- Willingness to travel to several locations across Canberra
- 'Working With Vulnerable People' registration, or willingness to obtain.
- An opportunity to 'Do Good' by working for a social enterprise that delivers quality community services
- Experience across a range of age groups and centres
- Brand new training facilities
- Uniform provided
- Inclusive and culturally diverse workplace
- Salary Packaging options available
- Access to employee child care discounts
- A range of healthy lifestyle programs and healthy activity reimbursement
- Be part of a team that values excellence, continuous improvement and innovation
How to Apply
Applications are open Monday 28 October - Sunday the 26th of November 2017
Please check the following dates before you apply. Candidates will need to be available in Canberra for 2 hours between 27 November and 1 December, and for a 30 minute interview between 13 December and 15 December.
To apply, click APPLY or contact Michelle Napier for a confidential discussion on (02) 6293 6545
Closing date for applications: 26/11/2017