- Fixed Term
- Galilee School
Communities@Work is a social enterprise, providing quality children's services that in turn serves the greater Canberra community. Our surplus for purpose philosophy enables us to provide valuable community support services to seniors, people with a disability and the most vulnerable and disadvantaged members of our community.
About the role
Under general direction from the Galilee School Principal support the efficient and effective delivery of general administrative and reception services.
- Respond to internal and external enquiries and provide general information and specific program information, as required, to staff, clients and visitors.
- Provide general reception services for telephone enquiries, employees, clients and visitors.
- Provide general data entry tasks.
- Provide administrative support to the Galilee School including filing, photocopying, collation and other tasks as directed.
Skills and Experience
- Maintain current 'Working with Vulnerable People' registration
- Knowledge of customer service practices and good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be accountable for your own work and exercise discretion and initiative.
- Intermediate computer skills including, knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Knowledge of procedures and work practices.
- Ability to work towards a competent level of organisational, reception, and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a co-operative manner within the team.
- Enthusiasm and flexibility.
- Current driver's licence
Working for Communities@Work
There are many benefits to working at Communities@Work, not least of which the incredible difference is we make in the lives of people in our community. We offer our employees a range of generous employee benefits, such as leave concessions, child care discounts, healthy activity reimbursements and salary packaging. We also work with you to support your career development.
Financial benefits of working for a not-for-profit
As a not-for-profit charity, the taxation laws provide tax concessions for Communities@Work employees, meaning that a part of your wage can be paid tax free. Further to this, employees are able to package dine in meals & accommodation. These benefits increase the take home pay for many of our employees by many thousands of dollars per year. If you'd like to find out more, visit Advantage Salary Packaging's (our salary packaging provider) website www.salary.com.au which provides an overview.
How to Apply
Click APPLY or contact Michelle Napier, Manager, Recruitment on 6293 6545 for a confidential discussion.
Communities@Work encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, mature-aged workers, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for its roles.
Closing date for applications: 17/02/2020